Monday, October 06, 2008

 

The Dawn of A New Week

Well, I feel like I'm finally getting over my cold after 10 days of misery. How do I know? Because I felt energetic enough to ride my bike to work this morning, despite the temperature being just 4c. Don't worry Murf - I was well bundled up !!


Yesterday was the annual Run For The Cure event which raises money for breast cancer research. There was a HUGE crowd of runners, walkers, wheelers, etc. I ran the 5k (not sure though if the distance was exact) in 26:33. More that a quarter of a million dollars was raised. I'm particularly proud of the UNB team - the rUNBuddies who raised over $25k thanks to the leadership and hard work of Niki Cassidy (who happens to be my administrative assistant!).

Here's a picture of teh start. I can just be seen in the second row (I'm searing a white L/S shirt and black pants) between the two fellows in red who are at the front

Comments:
Great job on raising the money. I'm impressed. I am trying to get a small one started for World Run Day on November 9.
 
We'll be seeing you on the Island next weekend will we?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links