Monday, December 08, 2008

 

Santa Shuffle 5K

On Saturday the 4th annual Santa Shuffle 5k (in support of teh Salvation Army) was held in Fredericton. This is the 3rd time I've participated but it wasn't a typical race for me. That's because it was "graduation day" for my Learn To Run class. Although the group numbers diminished slightly over the course of the 10 weeks - injury, relocation and other life issues - a total of 9 participants "toed the start line" for their first ever race.

I am really proud of each one of them for their dedication and determination. Every one of them finished upright and smiling which was our ultimate goal. Here are a few pictures:











Comments:
Way to go! Isn't it a great feeling to help inspire someone to exercise? Our local winter 5K series begins this Sunday. I think I may have one or two friends joining me for their first official race. Great job!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links