Wednesday, July 22, 2009

 

Lance

There are certain people who become so famous that they can be referred to by only one name. For me, one of those people is "Lance" - Lance Armstrong. He is truly a remarkable athlete - 7 time Tour de France winner, sub 3-hour marathoner, etc. - but what he has done through his LIVESTRONG foundation is truly remarkable.

For the past couple of weeks I have been following Lance's blog. He is in one of the most gruelling athletic events on earth and yet every day he finds time to make some short videos, post some words, etc. In today's video message he offered support to a Montrealer with cancer and to the group of 5 riders in Ottawa who were victims of a hit and run.

You can watch the video here:

EDITED - since I can't figure out how to stop the video from automatically launching when you open my blog page, I've deleted it from the site.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links