Monday, July 26, 2010

 

A Great Week (and weekend)

Last week proved to be a very good week training wise. I got in 3 pool sessions, 2 runs and a 45k bike ride. Trying hard to improve my swimming using a plan I found on the web called "Zero to 1650 in Six Weeks". Also, my last couple of runs have felt much more comfortable than previously.

This weekend was the annual NB Highland Games here in Fredericton. Went ot the Friday eveing kickoff concert plus spent the full day there on Saturday, proudly wearing my kilt. Sunday morning I wore the kilt to church and got lots of nice compliments (plus a good bit of teasing!).

IMHO, the highlight of any Highland event - Games, Tattoos, etc. - is the Massed Band. I love to hear the Drum Major call out, "Massed Bands, by the Centre, Quick March", which is usually followed by 2 bars (8 beats) of drums and then the pipes playing Scotland The Brave.

Here is the massed band from the NB Highland Games:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links