Monday, August 30, 2010

 

Ironman and Ironwoman

Yesterday while I was lolly-gagging around as a course marshal, two of the people in my on-line mentorship group were competing in the Ironman Louisville race. Well done to Amy and Billy. I marvel at your determination and accomplishment!!

As I was reflecting last night on what I had seen at the Fredericton 1/2 Iron, perhaps the single greatest impression was that every participant - from the leader to "tail end Charlie" - was having to dig down deep into their reservoir of grit and desire in order to finish the race. The day was very warm and even the fastest runners were taking the time to walk through the water station, taking on fluids, pausing for the sponges, etc. It made me realize that next month when I am at Lobsterman, I don't need to worry about what people will think if I am last out of the water or slow on the bike or walking more than most. What matters is that I am there and competing.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links